Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ron Artest

So the next long awaited nominee for the MTN award, is Ron Artest, or as he is known in some circles, "The Truckface Killah". This guy has many qualifications for this award, first of all being defensive player of the year usually means you have a good chunk of the criteria nailed down.



As most people who were alive the last few years are aware Ron Artest was part of the infamous brawl in the Pistons and Pacers game a few years back. For his throwdown with Ben Wallace and attacking fans he got a 73 game suspension.

As a rookie Ron Artest applied for a job at Circuit City just so he could get the employee discount. He once asked his coach for a month off because he was overworked doing promo for some musical act on his production label. He was also suspended for destroying a TV camera at Madison Square Gardens in 2003. Off the court he has faced legal trouble for not feeding his dog and domestic violence.

In the summer of 2008 when it was reported that he had been traded to the Houston Rockets, Yao Ming made some remarks regarding the brawl to which Artest responded. "I’m not going to take it personal. I understand what Yao said, but I’m still ghetto. That’s not going to change. I’m never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don’t think he’s ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture"

Not too much left to say about this guy, but if you don't find his niggerdom terrifying, check out his face or his horrible attempt at a rap career which is too appalling for me to get into on this blog.

No comments: